Monday, October 21, 2013

Sønderborg and Flensborg Germany

This week Ældste Holbrook had many photos to upload to us. We got 100+ pictures and 5 day of voice recordings. Oh.... How we LOVE the recordings, they are the BEST and so much more than "just" an email. 

Here are a few of the pictures of the week, it looks like he had so much fun :o)


 Beautiful Danish church.

 Inside the church!

 Could he be a preacher of the Danish State church :o)

 Looking at the beach, just LOOKING and it looks really cold!

 Dinner with Ældste Swan. 

 THIS is AWESOME, nicely done that is for sure!

 Shoes in a string over a gaagade (walking street) Interesting!

 Interesting store in Germany.

 
 Noah's arc in Germany. It was HUGE and very interesting!

 Ældste Swan, Andrea and Ældste Holbrook on her baptism day. 


 Elder serving in Germany, Ældste Holbrook, Andrea, Ældste Swan and another Elder serving in Germany.

Part of Ældste Holbrook's email to us this week:

This week has been great, first of all Andrea got baptized! That was an awesome experience, probably one of the most spiritual on my mission thus far. I had the opportunity to baptize her in the font, down in Germany! What an experience. During the meeting the time came for me to baptize her, so I walked into the font. It was FREEZING! The something was wrong with the heater so we were basically in Arctic chilling water. I baptized her and everything went well, when I got out I could not stop smiling. I was so happy I felt like my smile reached from ear to ear. Nothing could wipe it off my face, nothing. Interestingly enough even though the water was cold, I was warm both inside my body and outside. I was radiating with the spirit of Christ, I had asked Andrea that question and she said the same. She felt so happy, overjoyed and excited to finally have been baptized. She has now made the goal to continue to hold to the rod and go through the temple in one years time. We will be reunited with her then, and what a day that will be! This is what missionary Work is all about! I will be so happy if that is all that happens for the rest of my mission because she is so happy that she has received the gospel in her life.


No comments:

Post a Comment